As I expand my research on my Niedzialkowski ancestors and begin to assemble materials for a One-Name Study, I’m trying to assemble all available records on those with the Niedzialkowski surname and related surnames.
I discovered an Alien Passenger Manifest for Leon Niedzialkowski who entered New York on 04 Sep 1907.
Alien Passenger Manifest for Leon Niedzialkowski – 1907 (Page 1)
Alien Passenger Manifest for Leon Niedzialkowski – 1907 (Page 2)
SOURCE: SOURCE: Manifest, S.S. President Lincoln, 04 Sep 1907, List 17, line 29, Leon Niedzialkowski, age 20; “Passenger Record” digital images, Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation (http://www.ellisisland.org : accessed 08 Mar 2009); citing National Archives and Records Administration microfilm T715N, roll 982.
Click on the images above to enlarge them. Click on the link for a PDF copy of the Alien Passenger Manifest for Leon Niedziałkowski. The manifest states:
- No. on list: 29
- Name in Full: Niedzialowsky Leon
- Age: 20 Yrs. – Mo.
- Sex: m[ale]
- Married or Single: ” [S]
- Calling or Occupation: ” [Servant]
- Able to Read: ” [N]; Able to Write: ” [N]
- Nationality: ” [Russia]
- Race or People: Polish
- Last Permanent Residence: ” [Russia] Przasnisch
- Nearest Relative: father Theodor Niedzialowsky Kosmowo Russia
- Final Destination: Conn. Ansonia
- No. on list: 29
- Ticket to Final Destination: yes
- By Whom Passage Paid: brother
- In Possession of $50: 153
- Ever Before in the United States: ” [n]
- Going to Join Relative or Friend: brother Konstanti Niedzialowsky [Jersey str.?] 77, Ansonia, Conn.
- Ever in Prison: ” [no]
- Polygamist: ” [no]
- Anarchist: ” [no]
- Offer of Work: ” [no]
- Condition of Health: ” [good]
- Deformed or Cripple: ” [no]
- Height: 5 ft. 5 in.
- Complexion: ” [fair]
- Color of Hair: ” [light brown]
- Color of Eyes: ” [grey]
- Identifying Marks: pocked marked
- Place of Birth: ” [Russia], Kolany
Leon is from a village very close to the villages in Poland where my own ancestors lived. He may have been a distant cousin.
Copyright © 2009 by Stephen J. Danko