Stanisław Izbicki appears in the 1920 Census as a married man with three children.
1920 US Federal Census Record for the Stanisław Izbicki Family
SOURCE: “1920 United States Census,” database, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 08 January 2009), entry for Stanley Izbicki, Norwich, New London Co., Connecticut.
Stanisław Izbicki is listed as Stanley Izbicki residing at 56 Bushnell Rd, Norwich, North London Co., Connecticut.
- He was 47 years old, born in abt 1873 in Suwalki, Poland. Norwich marriage records show his name as Stanislaus Izbicki, son of Andrew Izbicki and Viktoria Bierdziewska. He immigrated in 1899, had filed his declaration of intention to become a citizen, and was working as an operator in a fire arms company.
- He was married to Mary. Norwich marriage records show her name was Mary Krzesiewska, daughter of Thomas Krzesiewska and Anna Zukowska, and the marriage took place on 20 Feb 1906. She was 30 years old, born in abt 1890 in Grodno, Poland. She immigrated in 1904.
- The couple had a son named Napoleon, age 12, born in abt 1908 in Connecticut.
- The couple had a daughter named Regina, age 11, born in abt 1909 in Connecticut. Norwich birth records show that Regina was born 25 Oct 1908 at 10 Golden St, Norwich, Connecticut.
- The couple had a son named Edward, age 8, born in abt 1912 in Connecticut. Norwich birth records show that Edward was born 27 Nov 1911 at 158 Central Ave, Norwich, Connecticut.
Stanley Izbicki’s year of birth and year of immigration seem to vary considerably from census to census. I’ll have to assemble all the information on Stanley at some point and look at it all at once in order to make sense of it all.
Copyright © 2008 by Stephen J. Danko