I only just returned home from Lithuania. The trip home took about 18 hours but, before calling it a night, I wanted to briefly recap my week there.
Statue of King Mindaugas
Lithuanian National Museum, Vilnius, Lithuania
SOURCE: Statue of King Mindaugas at the Lithuanian National Museum, Vilnius, Lithuania. Photographed by Stephen J. Danko, 25 October 2007.
My itinerary in Lithuania included:
- Sunday, 21 October 2007: Arrive in Vilnius, meet cousins Liliana and Aidas, take a brief tour of the Old Town, have dinner at Užupio Café in Vilnius
- Monday, 22 October 2007: Visit the Lithuanian State Archives, take a longer tour of the Old Town, see Zmones:) (Lithuanian Music and Dance) at the National Drama Theatre
- Tuesday, 23 October 2007: Visit the Lithuanian State Archives, visit the Trakai Historical National Park, meet cousin Vitaus for dinner
- Wednesday, 24 October 2007: Visit ancestral villages of Likiškiai, Butrimonys, and Alytaus, see A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the National Drama Theatre
- Thursday, 25 October 2007: Visit the Lithuanian State Archives, tour the Polish part of Vilnius, have dinner at Restoranas Senasis Lokys in Vilnius, see Un Ballo in Maschera (A Masked Ball) at the Lithuanian Opera and Ballet Theatre
- Friday, 26 October 2007: Visit Panevėžys to meet cousin Romualda, see Gulbių ežeras (Swan Lake) at the Lithuanian Opera and Ballet Theatre
- Saturday, 27 October 2007: Return home
It was a busy week!
Copyright © 2007 by Stephen J. Danko