My Danko grandparents and several of my aunts and uncles were listed in the 1940 edition of Polk’s Worcester (Worcester County, Mass) City Directory at 15 Henchman Street in Worcester, Worcester Co., Massachusetts.
1940 Worcester City Directory Entry for the Michael J. Danko Family
SOURCE: Massachusetts City Directories, Worcester 1940, p. 290, Michael J. Danko Family; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 24 February 2012); citing Polk’s Worcester (Worcester County, Mass.) City Directory Vol. 1940 XCVII, Boston MA: R. L. Polk & Co.
Click on the link for a PDF copy of the 1940 Worcester City Directory Entry for the Michael J. Danko Family. The brief record states the following:
- Helen A. Danko was a domestic who resided at 15 Henchman
- Jos (Joseph) J. Danko was a laborer who resided at 15 Henchman
- Mary T. Danko resided at 15 Henchman
- Michl (Michal), husband of Mary D Danko was a wire wkr (worker) who resided at 15 Henchman
- Michl jr (Michael Jr.) was a carp (carpenter) who resided at 15 Henchman
I’m not certain, but I believe the notation of “h” indicates the head of household and the notation of “r” indicates a resident.
Using Steve Morse’s One-Step Webpages, I learned that 15 Henchman Street in Worcester, Worcester Co., Massachusetts was located in enumeration district 23-45 in the 1940 United States Federal Census.
Copyright © 2012 by Stephen J. Danko