Nellie Magdalene Dusavage, daughter of Michailas Dusevičius and Marija Grišiūtė, was born on 10 May 1905 in Worcester, Worcester County, Massachusetts, USA. Her birth was recorded in a ledger for the city of Worcester.
The Birth Record of Nellie Magdalene Dusavage – 1905
SOURCE: “Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1910,” digital images, American Ancestors (http://www.americanancestors.org : accessed 12 July 2011), Birth of Nellie Dusewicz, vol. 552, page 490, no. 988, Worcester, Massachusetts, 10 May 1905; citing Vital Records: 1841-1915, Massachusetts State Archives, Boston, Massachusetts.
The image above is a composite image from the ledger, cropped to emphasize the information for this child. Click on the link for a PDF copy of the birth record of Nellie Magdalene Dusavage. The ledger states:
- Nellie Magdalene Dusavage’s birth is recorded in Vol. 552, Page 490, No. 988 in the ledger for the city of Worcester,
- Her name was recorded as Nellie Dusevicz, a female child born in Worcester,
- She was born on 10 May 1905 and her birth was recorded in January 1906,
- Her father was Mike Dusevicz [Michael Dusavage], a wireworker from Lithuania Russia residing in Worcester,
- Her mother was Mary Griskutiscz [Maria Grishiute] from Lithuania Russia, residing in Worcester.
This family was Lithuanian and Lithuanian names were often misspelled in the vital records ledgers from this time period. Lithuanian immigrants also changed their names after arriving in the United States, so the names listed here were not likely to be those used in Lithuania. The father’s name may have been Michailas Dusevičius and the mother’s name may have been Marija Grišiūtė.
Nellie Magdalene Dusavage later married John Napoleon Peter Izbicki.
Copyright © 2011 by Stephen J. Danko