Józef Chmielewski (son of Wincenty Chmielewski and Scholastyka Wojtczuka) and Katarzyna Warchol (daughter of Jan Warchol and Marianna) were married on 01 October 1894 in Chicopee, Hampden County, Massachusetts, USA. Their marriage was recorded in a ledger for the city of Chicopee, Hampden County, Massachusetts, USA.
The Marriage Record of Józef Chmielewski and Katarzyna Warchol – 1910
SOURCE: “Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1910,” digital images, American Ancestors (http://www.americanancestors.org : accessed 30 June 2011), Marriage of Joseph Chmielewski and Katarzyna Warchol, vol. 442, page 574, no. 888/163, Chicopee, Massachusetts, 01 October 1894; citing Vital Records: 1841-1915, Massachusetts State Archives, Boston, Massachusetts.
The image above is a composite image from the ledger, cropped to emphasize the information for this couple. Click on the link for a PDF copy of the marriage record of Józef Chmielewski and Katarzyna Warchol. The ledger states:
The marriage of Józef Chmielewski and Katarzyna Warchol was recorded in Volume 442, Page 574, Number 888/163 of the marriage records for the city of Chicopee, Massachusetts,
- They were married on 01 October 1894 in Chicopee.
- The groom’s name was recorded as Joseph Chmielewski, son of Wincenty Chmielewski and Scholastyka [Scholastyka Wojtczuka],
- The bride’s name was recorded as Katarzyna Warchol, daughter of Jan Warchol and Mary [Maryanna],
- The groom was 21 years of age, residing in Holyoke, a Mill Operative from Austria [Russia],
- The bride was 19 years of age, residing in Chicopee, from Austria,
- They were married by Francis St. Chalupka, a Catholic Priest from Webster,
- Their marriage was recorded on 10 November 1894.
Józef Chmielewski was my half grand uncle.
Copyright © 2011 by Stephen J. Danko