Much of my time in Warsaw was spent in the Central Archives of Historical Documents (AGAD).
SOURCE: AGAD-Warsaw (Warsaw, Poland). Photographed by Stephen J. Danko on 28 Sep 2008.
SOURCE: Entrance to AGAD (Warsaw, Poland). Photographed by Stephen J. Danko on 28 Sep 2009.
Archiwum Główne Akt Dawnych w Warszawie (The Central Archives of Historical Records in Warsaw) is located at ulica Długa 7, PL 00-263 Warsaw and includes:
- AGAD Division 1: Records prior to 1795
- AGAD Division 2: Records from 1795-1918
- AGAD Division 3: Genealogy Archives and Private Collections
- AGAD Division 4: Map Collections
- AGAD Division 5: Information, Records, and Public Resources
For the most part, I researched Polish Court Records from Ciechanów, located in Division 1. These records included land and property transactions, dowrys, and disputes.
Copyright © 2009 by Stephen J. Danko