I searched the birth and baptismal records from the Parish of Lipowiec, Ciechanów Land, Mazovian Voivodeship, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth from 1653-1694 today and discovered the following entries for the surname Niedziałkowski:
- 10 Mar 1654: Gregorz, [birthplace not provided], son of [first name illegible] and Ewa Niedziałkowski (image 30)
- 18 Mar 1668: Katarzyna, born in Niedziałki, daughter of Kacper and Katarzyna Niedziałkowski (image 21)
- ?? Apr 1673: Wojciech, born [birthplace not provided], son of Kacper and Katarzyna Niedziałkowski (image 14)
- 01 Nov 1676: Mikolaj, born in Niedziałki, son of Jan and Marianna Niedziałkowski (image 12)
- 12 Sep 1686: Marianna, born in Lipowiec, daughter of Wojciech and Aleksandra Niedziałkowski (image 44, repeated in image 45)
- 01 Jan 1694: Pawel, born in Niedziałki, son of Jan and [first name not provided] Niedziałkowski (image 7)
- Date cannot be determined with certainly but possibly was around Aug 1694?, Teresa, born in Niedziałki, daughter of Grzegorz and Anna Niedziałkowski (image 6)
The handwriting in these registers was difficult to read. To make matters worse, some of the pages appear to be missing, and records for some years are missing entirely. To add insult to injury, the records for a given year were in the correct chronological order, but the records for the most recent years appear at the beginning of the book and the records for the earliest years appear at the end of the birth records. In addition, except for the first record of the year, the year of the individual records simply state “year as above” or worse “year, month, and day as above”. And, if that weren’t bad enough, one baptismal record was recorded among the marriage records!
None of these names fit in with my Niedziałkowski genealogy yet, although I have very little information about my own Niedziałkowski ancestors from this time period.
SOURCE: St. Nicolas Parish (Lipowiec, Ciechanów Land, Mazovian Voivodeship, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth). Księgi metrykalne par. Lipowiec, 1653-1680. Płock Diocesan Archives, Płock, Poland. FHL INTL Film 1,496,586, Item 3. Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Copyright © 2009 by Stephen J. Danko