Ksawery Niedzialkowski departed from Bremen aboard the S.S. Grosser Kurfurst on 15 Jan 1910 and arrived in New York on 26 Jan 1910.
Alien Passenger Manifest for Ksawery Niedzialkowski – 1910 (Page 1)
Alien Passenger Manifest for Ksawery Niedzialkowski – 1910 (Page 2)
SOURCE: SOURCE: SOURCE: Manifest, S.S. Grosser Kurfurst, 26 January 1910, List 1, line 11, Ksawery Niedzialkowski, age 18; “Passenger Record” digital images, Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation (http://www.ellisisland.org : accessed 08 Mar 2009); citing National Archives and Records Administration microfilm T715N, roll 1404.
Click on the images above to enlarge them. Click on the link for a PDF copy of the Passenger Manifest for Ksawery Niedziałkowski – 1910. The manifest states:
- No. on list: 11
- Name in Full: Niedzialkowsky Kawery
- Age: 18 Yrs. – Mo.
- Sex: ” [male]
- Married or Single: ” [Single]
- Calling or Occupation: ” [farm laborer]
- Able to Read: ” [yes]; Able to Write: ” [yes]
- Nationality: ” [Russia]
- Race or People: ” [Polish]
- Last Permanent Residence: ” [Russia] Kolaki male
- Nearest Relative: father: Teodor Niedzialkowsky Kolaki male Ciechanow
- Final Destination: N.J. Jersey City
- No. on list: 11
- Ticket to Final Destination: ” [yes]
- By Whom Passage Paid: ” [brother]
- In Possession of $50: 27
- Ever Before in the United States: no
- Going to Join Relative or Friend: brother Wladyslaw Niedzialkowsky 12 Str. #226 Jersey City N.J.
- Ever in Prison: ” [No]
- Polygamist: ” [No]
- Anarchist: ” [No]
- Offer of Work: ” [No]
- Condition of Health: ” [good]
- Deformed or Cripple: ” [No]
- Height: 5 ft. 3 in.
- Complexion: ” [fair]
- Color of Hair: bl[ond]
- Color of Eyes: ” [brown]
- Identifying Marks: ” [none]
- Place of Birth: ” [Russia], Golany
Ksawery is from a village very close to the villages in Poland where my own ancestors lived. He may have been a distant cousin.
Copyright © 2009 by Stephen J. Danko