Several of the vital records from Norwich, Connecticut mention Andrzej (Andrew) Izbicki and Amelia Gwiazdowska. The marriages of their daughters Paulina, Stephanie, Anna, and Frances, the birth of their daughter Helen, and the death of Andrew himself are all documented in the Norwich vital records. Further details about the family can be obtained from the 1900 US Federal Census.
1910 US Federal Census Record for the Andrew Izbicki Family
SOURCE: “1900 United States Census,” database, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 29 December 2008), entry for Anthony Tibiskie and family, Norwich, New London Co., Connecticut.
Click on the images above to enlarge them. This record shows that Andrew and Amelia were married in about 1881. Andrew was born in Russia-Poland in April 1857 and Amelia was born in Russia-Poland in May 1858. Andrew immigrated in 1867, but apparently returned to Russia-Poland to marry Amelia. Amelia immigrated with her children in 1889.
Their children were:
- Lena (Paulina) born in Russia-Poland in December 1882,
- Stefa (Stephanie) born in Russia-Poland in July 1884,
- William born in Massachusetts in June 1889,
- Fannie (Frances) born in Massachusetts in December 1891,
- Anna born in Connecticut in January 1892,
- Rosey (Rozalia) born in Connecticut in March 1897, and
- Leo born in Connecticut in May 1899.
In addition to the children, Andrew’s brother is listed with the family:
- Alexander born in Russia-Poland in April 1874 and immigrated in 1894.
Alexander was further documented in the Norwich Vital Records in his marriage record and the births of his children Joseph, Aloysius, and Cecilia.
Copyright © 2008 by Stephen J. Danko