One of the genealogy-themed blogs that I read on a regular basis is Creative Gene written by Jasia. After reading her blog for a while, I realized that we are a lot alike and am now convinced that we must have been separated at birth. Here are the top ten reasons why:
10. We are both of Polish descent and we are almost the same age. I won’t be so unkind as to tell you how old we are ,though.
9. We both enjoy writing. Jasia completed a historical novel about her family history through Na No Wri Mo last November. I’m planning to write a historical novel about my family, and have been thinking about trying Na No Wri Mo this November, but I’m hoping somebody will stop me before I do something I may regret!
8. We both spend a day taking pictures and find that we’ve taken way too many photos of gravestones.
7. Jasia’s first SLR camera was a Canon ME Super. Mine was a Canon ME. I was on a budget. Jasia received a Canon Digital Rebel XT for Christmas. I want a Canon Digital Rebel XT for Christmas.
6. Jasia enjoys reading mystery novels by Janet Evanovich, who has just released her 12th novel in the Stephanie Plum series. I enjoy reading mystery novels by Sister Carol Anne O’Marie, who has just released her 11th novel in the Sister Mary Helen series. Both Janet Evanovich and Sister Carol Anne O’Marie are published by St. Martin’s Press.
5. Jasia has 17 first cousins on her father’s side of the family and she is one of the youngest. I have 18 living first cousins on my father’s side and I am one of the youngest.
4. Jasia’s paternal grandfather died 5 years before she was born. My paternal grandfather died 2 years before I was born.
3. Jasia lives about 60 miles from Hell (Michigan). I have friends who live about 90 miles from Purgatory (Maine). I live about 190 miles from Heavenly (California).
2. We both have blonde hair (OK, my hair has been getting darker the older I get). Jasia has blue eyes (at least I think she has blue eyes from her picture). I would have blue eyes if it weren’t for that pesky dominant gene for brown eyes I inherited from my maternal grandmother.
1. Jasia and I have both never met each other.