In 1964, my grandparents, two of their children, and a cousin were listed in the Worcester city directory.
Worcester Directory 1964 Entry for Kostanty, Frederick, Henry, and Ralph Niedzialkowski
SOURCE: Massachusetts City Directories, Worcester 1964, page 742, Kostanty Niedzialkowski & Ralph Niedzialkoski; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 10 December 2007); citing Polk’s Worcester (Worcester County, Mass.) City Directory 1964 CXXI. 1964. Boston, MA: R.L. Polk & Co.
Click on the link for a PDF copy of the Worcester Directory 1964 Entry for Kostanty, Frederick, Henry, and Ralph Niedzialkowski. The records state the following:
- Konstanty Niedzialkowski was retired and resided at 40 Barnes av.;
- his wife Helen also resided at 40 Barnes av.;
- Kostanty’s son Frederick F was a draftsman working for Heald, and resided at 14 Gifford dr;
- Frederick’s wife Janice V also resided at 14 Gifford dr;
- Kostanty’s son Henry was a driver and resided at 40 Barnes av;
- Kostanty’s cousin Ralph F was a polisher for C&K International and resided at 13 Montrose; and
- Ralph’s wife Jane J also resided at 13 Montrose.
The addresses listed in this entry were the addresses I remember visiting in the 1960s.
Ralph usually spelled his name Niedzialkoski rather than Niedzialkowski. Later, Ralph changed his surname to Newman because people had such a difficult time spelling and pronouncing the name. Apparently the name change was made after 1964.
Copyright © 2007 by Stephen J. Danko