In 1950, my grandparents were listed in the city directory with no changes from the 1950 edition for their own entry, but there were changes in the entries for other Nidzialkowskis. As in earlier directories, my grandfather was listed twice. The biggest changes
Kostanty, Helen, Raymond, Jane, and Frederick Niedzialkowski are listed in the 1950 Worcester Directory published by R.L. Polk & Co. A cousin, Ralph Niedzialkoski, was listed as well.
Worcester Directory 1950 Entry for Kostanty and Helen Niedzialkowski and Family
Worcester Directory 1950 Entry for Konstanty Niedzialkowski
SOURCE: Massachusetts City Directories, Worcester 1950, page 799, Kostanty Niedzialkowski; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 07 December 2007); citing Polk’s Worcester (Worcester County, Mass.) City Directory Vol. 1950 CVII. 1950. Boston, MA: R.L. Polk & Co.
Click on the link for a PDF copy of the Worcester Directory 1950 Entry for Kostanty and Helen Niedzialkowski and Family. The records state the following:
- Kostanty Niedzialkowski resided at 40 Barnes av;
- his wife Helen also resided at 40 Barnes av;
- his son Raymond also resided at 40 Barnes av; and
- his daughter Jane worked as a clerk for Graton & Knight and resided at 40 Barnes av.
- Konstanty Niedzialkowski was a die setter at Worcester Pressed Steel Co. and resided at 40 Barnes av.;
- his son Fred was a student who resided at 10 Denny;
- Fred’s wife Janice was a finisher for P A Cleaning & Dyeing Co. who also resided at 10 Denny;
- Konstanty’s cousin Ralph F. was an grinder for Crompton & Knowles who resided at 6 Wade; and
- Ralph’s wife Jane J. also resided at 6 Wade.
In the first entry, the surname is misspelled as Nieczialkowski. My grandfather’s first name is spelled Kostanty in the first entry (which is the way he usually spelled his name) and is spelled Konstanty in the second entry (which is the proper way to spell the name).
The name Damian Niedzialkowski does not appear in the 1950 directory, although he had previously appeared for many years.
It’s curious as to why my mother was listed in this directory. She was married in 1947, and should not be listed living under her maiden name with her parents in 1950.
Copyright © 2007 by Stephen J. Danko