The 2008 conference of the United Polish Genealogical Societies has been announced. The conference will be held in Salt Lake City from April 18-21, 2008.
The conference organizers are writing a blog at http://upgs.wordpress.com to communicate details about the conference, introduce the speakers, and provide day-by-day information about the activities at the conference.
Family History Library, Salt Lake City
SOURCE: The Family History Library in Salt Lake City. Photographed by Stephen J. Danko 25 Nov 2006.
The 2008 Conference will include some exciting new features:
- Video conferencing with genealogists in Poland
- Online participation by a famous writer of Polish research materials
- A BYU Roundtable on Publishing Your Family History
Topics discussed will include information about German Poland, Russian Poland and Austrian Poland. In addition to the scheduled lectures, the conference will feature:
- Experts on hand to help translate documents in Russian, Polish and German
- Time to conduct your own research at the Family History Library
Speakers will include the following, appearing in person:
- Tomasz Nitsch, administrator of Poland’s GenPol
- Sonja Hoeke-Nishimoto, Family History Library
- Kahile B. Mehr, Family History Library
- Daniel Schlyter, Family History Library
- Ceil Wendt Jensen of Michigan Polonia
Speakers also include the following who will participate on-line:
- Katarzyna Grycza of Discovering Roots
- Łukasz Bielecki of the Poznan Project