My cousin, Anastasia Rita Meleski, would marry Bernard Joseph Izbicki in 1968. Bernard’s brother, John Napoleon Peter Izbicki was enumerated in the 1940 US Federal Census with his wife, Nellie Magdaline DuSavage, and their children, John James Izbicki and Kenneth J. Izbicki, at 9 Shannon St, Worcester, Worcester Co., Massachusetts.
The 1940 US Federal Census Record for the Izbicki Family (Left)
The 1940 US Federal Census Record for the Izbicki Family (Right)
SOURCE: 1940 U.S. Census, Worcester County, Massachusetts, population schedule, Worcester, enumeration district (ED) 23-103, sheet 8B, household 130, John Izbicki; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 09 April 2012); citing National Archives microfilm publication T627 roll 01715.
Click on the link for a PDF copy of the 1940 US Federal Census Record for the John Izbicki Household.
The record states that:
- The Izbickis lived at 9 Shannon St, Worcester, Worcester Co., Massachusetts, USA on 01 April 1940, they were household 130 in order of visitation, they rented their home and paid $25 per month in rent, they lived in the same house on 01 April 1935, and they did not live on a farm
- John Izbicki was head of household, was a white male, 39 years old, married, was not attending school, had attended 4 years of high school, was born in Massachusetts, was working the week of March 24-30, worked 48 hours the week of March 24-30 as a clerk in the U.S. Post Office, worked in government work, worked 52 weeks in 1939, earned $1768 in wages, and did not earn more than $50 from sources other than wages
- Nellie Izbicki provided the information for the census, she was the wife of John, was a white female, 36 years old, married, was not attending school, completed 8 years of school, and was born in Massachusetts
- John Izbicki was the son of John and Nellie, was a white male, 11 years old, single, was attending school, completed 5 years of school, and was born in Massachusetts
- Kenneth Izbicki was the son of John and Nellie, was a white male, 3 years old, single, was not attending school, and was born in Massachusetts
The person who collected this information did not complete the columns about employment for Nellie.
Copyright © 2012 by Stephen J. Danko