Two of my Danko uncles married two Skowronski sisters, daughters of Franciszka Dymek. The Dymek families were listed in the 1940 edition of Polk’s Worcester (Worcester County, Mass.) City Directory. There are (at least) two family groups listed. The first consists of Stanislaw and Frances Dymek and their children Chester, Henry R., Walter, and Wm (William). I don’t know if or how the other Dymeks in the directory fit into my family history.
1940 Worcester City Directory Entry for the Dymek Family
SOURCE: Massachusetts City Directories, Worcester 1940, p. 336, Dymek Families; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 03 March 2012); citing Polk’s Worcester (Worcester County, Mass.) City Directory Vol. 1940 XCVII, Boston MA: R. L. Polk & Co.
Click on the link for a PDF copy of the 1940 Worcester City Directory Entry for the Dymek Family. The brief record states the following:
- Stanislaw Dymek, husband of Frances, worked as a moulder at Arcade Malleable Iron So and was head of household at 81 Endicott St
- Chester Dymek worked as a slsmn (salesman) and resided at 81 Endicott St
- Henry F. Dymek worked as a lab (laborer) and resided at 81 Endicott St
- Walter Dymek worked as a hlpr (helper) at Arcade Malleable Iron Co. and resided at 81 Endicott St
- Wm (William) worked as a shoe wkr (worker) and resided at 81 Endicott St
Using Steve Morse’s One-Step Webpages, I learned that the Dymek family’s residence at 81 Endicott St in Worcester, Worcester Co., Massachusetts, USA was located in the enumeration district 23-131 in the 1940 United States Federal Census.
Copyright © 2012 by Stephen J. Danko