Anna L. Baranauskas, daughter of Jonas Baranauskas and Louisa Žideckaitė, was born on 13 May 1906 in Worcester, Worcester County, Massachusetts, USA. Her birth was recorded in a ledger for the city of Worcester.
The Birth Record of Anna L. Baranauskas – 1906
SOURCE: “Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1910,” digital images, American Ancestors (http://www.americanancestors.org : accessed 15 July 2011), Birth of Annie Brunoski, vol. 560, page 466, no. 423, Worcester, Massachusetts, 13 May 1906; citing Vital Records: 1841-1915, Massachusetts State Archives, Boston, Massachusetts.
The image above is a composite image from the ledger, cropped to emphasize the information for this child. Click on the link for a PDF copy of the birth record of Anna L. Baranauskas. The ledger states:
- Anna Baranauskas’s birth is recorded in Vol. 560, Page 466, No. 423 in the ledger for the city of Worcester,
- Her name was recorded as Annie Brunoski, a female child born in Worcester,
- She was born on 13 May 1906 and her birth was recorded in January 1907,
- Her father was John Brunoski [Jonas Baranauskas], a wiredrawer from Russia residing in Worcester,
- Her mother was Elizabeth Jedetsky [Louisa Žideckaitė?] from Russia, residing in Worcester.
This family used several variants of their surnames after arriving in the United States. Besides Brunoski and Baranauskas, the family also used the variants Baron, Boronowski, and Baronisky. The mother’s surname was recorded as Jedetsky and Zadeckas (and probably other variants as well). Furthermore, the mother used various given names, including Sudenie, Elizabeth, and Louisa. I am fairly certain that the father’s original name was Jonas Baranauskas, but I am not certain of the mother’s original name, especially her given name.
Copyright © 2011 by Stephen J. Danko