Walter P. Markiewicz, son of Stanisław J. Markiewicz and Antonina Lewandowska, was born on 15 August 1917 in Worcester, Worcester County, Massachusetts, USA. His birth was recorded in a ledger for the city of Worcester.
The Birth Record of Walter P. Markiewicz – 1917
SOURCE: Worcester, Massachusetts, Births, vol. 642, page 630, no. 3390, Walter Markiewicz, 1917; Massachusetts State Archives, Boston, Massachusetts, microfilm #141.
The image above is a composite image from the ledger, cropped to emphasize the information for Walter William Dymek. Click on the link for a PDF copy of the birth record of Walter P. Markiewicz. The ledger states:
- Walter P. Markiewicz’s birth is recorded in vol. 642, page 630, no. 3390 in the ledger for the city of Worcester,
- His name is recorded as Walter Markiewicz, a male child born in Worcester,
- He was born on 15 August 1917 and his birth was recorded in January 1918,
- His father was Stanley Markiewicz [Stanisław Markiewicz], a moulder from Poland residing in Worcester,
- His mother was Antonina Rejbodzanka [Antonina Lewandowska] from Poland, residing in Worcester.
The microfilm copy was poor, as evidenced by the images shown here. Fortunately, the photocopy I have is readable, even though portions of the digital image are not.
The spelling of the mother’s maiden name on this record (Rejbodzanka) differs significantly from that on other records from the same time period: Ljwoda, Leiwoda, and Levodzauki. My best guess at this time is that the actual surname is Lewandowska.
Copyright © 2011 by Stephen J. Danko