Aleksander Wawrzynowicz, son of Wincenty Wawrzynowicz and Petronela Seryki, and Wiktoria Izbicka, daughter of Antoni Izbicki and Józefina Koronkiewicz, were married on 06 June 1910 in Norwich, New London County, Connecticut, USA. Their marriage was recorded in a ledger for the city of Worcester, Worcester County, Massachusetts, USA.
The Marriage Record of Aleksander Wawrzynowicz and Wiktoria Izbicka – 1910
SOURCE: “Massachusetts Vital Records, 1911-1915,” digital images, American Ancestors (http://www.americanancestors.org : accessed 22 June 2011), Marriage of Aleksander Wawzyndwicz and Victoria Izbicki, vol. 596, page 516, no. 1639, Worcester, Massachusetts, 06 June 1910; citing Vital Records: 1841-1915, Massachusetts State Archives, Boston, Massachusetts..
The image above is a composite image from the ledger, cropped to emphasize the information for this couple. Click on the link for a PDF copy of the marriage record of Aleksander Wawrzynowicz and Wiktoria Izbicka. The ledger states:
- The marriage of Aleksander Wawrzynowicz and Wiktoria Izbicka was recorded in Volume 596, Page 516, Number 707 of the marriage records for the city of Worcester, Massachusetts,
- They were married on 06 June 1910 in Norwich, Connecticut.
- The groom’s name was recorded as Alexsander Wawzyndwicz [Aleksander Wawrzynowicz], son of Vincent Wawzyndwicz [Wincenty Wawrzynowicz] and Petronila Seryki [Petronela Seryki?],
- The bride’s name was recorded as Victoria Izbicki [Wiktoria Izbicka], daughter of Anthony Izbicki [Antoni Izbicki] and Josephine Korenkwicz [Józefa Koronkiewicz],
- The groom was 21 years of age, residing in Worcester, Massachusetts, a millhand from Poland,
- The bride was 19 years of age, residing in Norwich, Connecticut, from Poland,
- They were married by John J. Ambot, a priest from Norwich, Connecticut.
- Their marriage was recorded on 16 July 1910.
There are several spelling errors in the names in this document, but spelling errors are typical of Vital Records from this time period. The marriage was recorded in both Worcester, Massachusetts and Norwich, Connecticut, the respective residences of the groom and the bride.
Copyright © 2011 by Stephen J. Danko