John Niedzial, son of Franciszek Niedziałkowski and Czesława Bonislawska, was born on 07 June 1914 in Sterling, Worcester County, Massachusetts, USA. His birth was recorded in a ledger for the town of Sterling.
The Birth Record of John Niedzial – 1914
SOURCE: SOURCE: “Massachusetts Vital Records, 1911-1915,” digital images, American Ancestors (http://www.americanancestors.org : accessed 20 June 2011), Birth of John Niedzialkosky, vol. 624, page 509, no. 10, Sterling, Massachusetts, 07 June 1914; citing Vital Records: 1841-1915, Massachusetts State Archives, Boston, Massachusetts.
The image above is a composite image from the ledger, cropped to emphasize the information for this child. Click on the link for a PDF copy of the birth record of John Niedzial. The ledger states:
- John Niedzial’s birth is recorded in Vol. 624, Page 509, No. 10 in the ledger for the town of Sterling,
- His name was recorded as John Niedzialkosky, a male child born in Sterling,
- He was born on 07 June 1914, and his birth was recorded on January 1, 1915,
- His father was Frank Niedzialkosky [Franciszek Niedziałkowski], a farmer from Poland residing in Worcester,
- His mother was Stacia Bonislawsky [Czesława Bonislawska] from Poland, residing in Worcester.
In this record, the family was using an intermediate form of the surname they would use in later years. In Poland, the surname was spelled Niedziałkowski, but at this time the family was using the spelling Niedzialkosky. Later, they spelled the name Niedzialkoski. The child named in this record, however, would later shorten the surname to Niedzial.
Copyright © 2011 by Stephen J. Danko