Bertha Theresa Danko, daughter of Michał Dańko and Marianna Dziurzyńska, was born on 28 October 1915 in Worcester, Worcester County, Massachusetts, USA. Her birth was recorded in a ledger for the city of Worcester.
The Birth Record of Bertha Theresa Danko – 1915
SOURCE: “Massachusetts Vital Records, 1911-1915,” digital images, American Ancestors (http://www.americanancestors.org : accessed 14 June 2011), Birth of Bertha Danko, vol. 630, page 563, no. 1000, Worcester, Massachusetts, 28 October 1915; citing Vital Records: 1841-1915, Massachusetts State Archives, Boston, Massachusetts.
The image above is a composite image from the ledger, cropped to emphasize the information for this child. Click on the link for a PDF copy of the birth record of Bertha Theresa Danko. The ledger states:
- Bertha Theresa Danko’s birth is recorded in Vol. 630, Page 563, No. 1000 in the ledger for the city of Worcester,
- Her name was recorded as Bronislawa Danko, a female child born in Worcester,
- She was born on 28 October 1915, and her birth was recorded in January 1916,
- Her father was Michael Danko [Michał Dańko], a laborer from Austria residing in Worcester,
- Her mother was Mary Jusuka [Marianna Dziurzyńska] from Austria, residing in Worcester.
In this record, the maiden name of the mother is badly misspelled, but misspellings are typical in Massachusetts vital records from this time period.
Copyright © 2011 by Stephen J. Danko