Helena Skowronski, daughter of Paweł Skowronski and Marjanna Zaborczyk, was born on 22 December 1915 in Gardner, Worcester County, Massachusetts, USA. Her birth was recorded in a ledger for the city of Gardner.
The Birth Record of Helena Skowronski – 1915
SOURCE: “Massachusetts Vital Records, 1911-1915,” digital images, American Ancestors (http://www.americanancestors.org : accessed 04 June 2011), Birth of Helena Skowronski, vol. 630, page 395, no. 461, Worcester, Massachusetts, 22 December 1915; citing Vital Records: 1841-1915, Massachusetts State Archives, Boston, Massachusetts.
The image above is a composite image from the ledger, cropped to emphasize the information for this child. Click on the link for a PDF copy of the birth record of Helena Skowronski. The ledger states:
- Helena Skowronski’s birth is recorded as Vol. 630, Page 395, No. 461 in the ledger for the town of Gardner,
- Her name was recorded as Helena Skowronski, a female child born in Gardner,
- She was born on 20 August 1912 and his birth was recorded in January 1913,
- Her father was Paul Skowronski, a chairmaker from Poland residing in Gardner,
- Her mother was Mary Zabowski [Marjanna Zaborczyk] from Poland, residing in Gardner.
The names in this record are badly misspelled, but misspellings are typical in Massachusetts vital records from this time period.
Copyright © 2011 by Stephen J. Danko