Shirley Dymek, daughter of Stanisław Dymek and Franciszka Ksepka, was born on 09 February 1914 in Worcester, Worcester County, Massachusetts, USA. Her birth was recorded in a ledger for the city of Worcester where her name was initially spelled Stanislawa Dimiak. The surname was corrected to Dymek on 22 January 1976.
The Birth Record of Shirley Dymek – 1914
SOURCE: “Massachusetts Vital Records, 1911-1915,” digital images, American Ancestors (http://www.americanancestors.org : accessed 15 February 2011), Birth of Stanislawa Dymek, vol. 624, page 574, no. 1154, Worcester, Massachusetts, 09 February 1914; citing Vital Records: 1841-1915, Massachusetts State Archives, Boston, Massachusetts.
The image above is a composite image from the ledger, cropped to emphasize the information for this child. Click on the link for a PDF copy of the birth record of Shirley Dymek. The ledger states:
- Shirley Dymek’s birth is recorded as No. 1154 in the ledger for the city of Worcester,
- Her name was initially recorded as Stanislawa Dimiak, a female child born in Worcester,
- She was born on 09 February 1914 and her birth was recorded in January 1915,
- Her surname was corrected to Dymek on 22 January 1976,
- Her father was Stanislaw Dimiak [Stanisław Dymek], a laborer from Russia residing in Worcester,
- Her mother was Franciska Ksiapka [Franciszka Ksepka] from Russia, residing in Worcester.
The names in this record are badly misspelled, but misspellings are typical in Massachusetts vital records from this time period.
Copyright © 2011 by Stephen J. Danko