While searching the Massachusetts Vital Records on the New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) today, I found this record for the marriage of Matthew Emilian and Władysława Dymek. The parents of Władysława Dymek are very similar to those for Frances Dymek, the wife of Alexander Skowroński, leading me to think that Władysława and Frances were sisters. In addition, the time and place, 1910 in Worcester, Massachusetts, is correct for the family I’m researching.
The Marriage Record for Matthew Emilian and Władysława Dymek
SOURCE: The Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Marriages Registered in the City of Worcester for the Year 1910. Volume 596, Page 503, No. 469. Matthew Emilian and Vladislava Dymek. http://www.newenglandancestors.org.
Click on the link for a PDF copy of the Marriage Record for Matthew Emilian and Władysława Dymek. The record states that:
- The marriage was recorded in Volume 596, Page 503, Number 469 of the marriage registers for the city of Worcester, Massachusetts in 1910
- Matthew Emilian, age 23, residing in Worcester and working as a Laborer, was born in Russia-Poland, the son of Matthew Emilian and Rose Seniuki
- Vladislava Dymek, age 22 residing in Worcester and working as an Operative in a Woolen Mill, was born in Russia-Poland, the daughter of Joseph Dymek and Brovislava Goralgolasz
- The couple was married on 30 May 1910 by P. C. Reding, a Priest in Worcester
- This was the first marriage for each of them
- The marriage was recorded on 02 Jun 1910
Aside from the spelling errors commonly seen in these records, the only difference between the parents of Frances Dymek and Władysława Dymek is that Frances’ mother’s maiden name was Golash and Władysława’s mother’s maiden name was Goralgolasz. There are certainly people in Poland today with the surname Golasz, but not with Golash or Goralgolasz.
As for the spelling errors in the first names, Vladislava should be spelled Władysława, and Brovislava should be spelled Bronisława.
After finding this marriage record on the NEHGS website, I searched for the couple on Ancestry.com but I could find no trace of either of them in any record on that website.
Copyright © 2007 by Stephen J. Danko